S1E11: Building Resilience and Self-Confidence in Dyslexic Children - Insights from Bridgett Burrick BrownOct 26, 2023
Bridgett Burrick Brown is the founder of Beyond Beauty Project, a movement and multimedia platform that redefines beauty, promotes self-acceptance, and champions mental health. With two decades of experience in the modeling industry, Bridgett is a trailblazer who empowers individuals to shape their own beauty free from judgment and societal expectations. As a dedicated advocate, she supports women, mental health initiatives, body diversity, and disordered eating recovery. Bridgett is also a Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, a W.I.T.S Certified Personal Trainer, a mother, wife, former dancer, and the host of Beyond Beauty Project: The Podcast. Her dedication, resilience, and passion for uplifting others have made her a beacon of inspiration in the realms of beauty, body image, and mental health advocacy.
You can check out Beyond Beauty Project at their Website.
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Discover how dyslexia and mental health intersect to better support your child's well-being.
- Learn practical strategies for overcoming challenges and thriving with dyslexia.
- Understand the importance of building self-esteem and self-confidence for your dyslexic child's success.
- Gain insights into the trauma and defense mechanisms that dyslexic individuals may develop and how to address them.
- Explore how changing the narrative around dyslexia can empower your child and improve their self-image.
Practical Strategies for Thriving with Dyslexia
Bridgett lays emphasis on the adoption of concrete strategies that can aid dyslexic individuals to thrive. From neuropsychological evaluations to honing passions outside academia, she underscores the significance of focusing on strengths rather than weaknesses. Fostering an education system that addresses individual needs and provides remedial support promotes the overall growth of dyslexic children.
My focus is entirely on helping you follow your passion, even when you feel like you've got stuck in crazy town. There is a way out, its me helping you. You don't have to ditch everything in your life that is making you feel overwhelmed and stuck, you just need some help to navigate it.
WHEN YOU FOLLOW YOUR PASSION YOU WILL NATURALLY ENRICH THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE