S1E9: The Power of Social-Emotional Support for Dyslexic Students - Ashley HendersonOct 12, 2023
Join Ashley Henderson as she shares her personal journey and the challenges she faces in leading a college dyslexia program. Newberry is the one of the only colleges in South Carolina to offer a program structured and designed for supporting students with Dyslexia in a one-to-one learning environment. The program has been designed with intentional support services needed by the student while enjoying the normal college experience. By being part of the dyslexic program, students receive personal study guidance, personalized planning, and educational support within the structured environment allowing them to thrive and succeed at Newberry. This program helps continue to guide students to becoming more successful as they continue life after college.
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Discover the importance of dyslexia awareness and education in creating an inclusive learning environment for all students.
- Gain insight into personal experiences of dyslexia and learn how to support and empower dyslexic individuals.
- Understand the unique challenges and stigma faced by dyslexic individuals, and learn strategies to help them overcome obstacles.
- Learn about the crucial role of social-emotional support in the success of dyslexic students and how to foster a positive and supportive environment.
- Explore the essential role of parents, educators, and institutions in providing effective support and resources for dyslexic individuals.
Personal Insight and Support
Personal insight and support play a pivotal role in overcoming the challenges associated with dyslexia. When people who have first-hand experience with dyslexia share their stories, it not only provides useful insight but also gives strength to others dealing with similar situations. Providing personalized support that addresses the individual needs of dyslexic students can lead to improved learning outcomes and positive personal growth.
My focus is entirely on helping you follow your passion, even when you feel like you've got stuck in crazy town. There is a way out, its me helping you. You don't have to ditch everything in your life that is making you feel overwhelmed and stuck, you just need some help to navigate it.
WHEN YOU FOLLOW YOUR PASSION YOU WILL NATURALLY ENRICH THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE