Episode 156: Cecilia “Cece” Leung | CFO Advisor, Financial Planning & Tax Strategist, Keynote Speaker, Best Selling Author, and Podcast HostJun 06, 2022
“Think about how many times you can help people and how many you can help.”
Cece Leung is a seasoned finance executive and the founding partner of The Entrepreneur CFO, a women-owned business and a professional global advisory firm in New York City. Cece was born and raised in Hong Kong and moved to Canada at age 16. With fluency in Mandarin, Cantonese, and English, she has worked with prominent firms including JP Morgan, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Ernst & Young across Asia, the US, Canada, and Europe, offering best-in-class solutions to startup and public companies to scale and grow.
She is also the best-selling published author of Dear Accountant: Stories, Advice, and Explorations, sharing her career journey and mentorship advice along with 19 extraordinary leaders. The book is a celebration of diversity in accounting and finance - it has become a valuable resource not only for those who seek career guidance and advice but for anyone who works with accountants to get a much better understanding and appreciation of the wide variety of work that accountants do.
She has been featured in media outlets such as Good Day New York, Pix 11 News, CPA Journal, Accounting Today, Amplify DEI, Quicken, and Money Girl. Cece also hosts her weekly podcast, Dear Accountant, covering all the many cool things in accounting (technical topics and trends), as well as bringing in industry experts and influential leaders to share their journey, insights, and perspectives.
Cece is a graduate of Rotman Commerce at the University of Toronto. When she's not in the boardroom or on the microphone, she can be found hiking or volunteering to teach English or financial literacy programs in underserved community groups.
Today’s episode is sponsored by:
- Together Women Rise is dedicated to ensuring that every woman and girl has the opportunity to live freely, pursue her dreams, and reach her full potential. We are a powerful community of women and allies engaged in learning, giving, and community building. Visit TogetherWomenRise.org to learn more and join us!
- Picked Cherries’ social podcasting app is the destination for the best podcast listening experience for all listeners. Download the app for FREE on Google Play and the App Store. Share podcasts like never before with Picked Cherries. Learn more at PickedCherries.com.
Find Us Online!
- Website: iamJulietHahn.com
- Instagram: @iamjuliethahn
- Twitter: @iamjuliethahn
- LinkedIn: Juliet Hahn
- FB: @iamjuliethahn
- Fireside: Juliet Hahn
- Clubhouse: @iamjuliethahn
- YouTube: Juliet Hahn
Go back to YNS Live with Fran Racioppi
My focus is entirely on helping you follow your passion, even when you feel like you've got stuck in crazy town. There is a way out, its me helping you. You don't have to ditch everything in your life that is making you feel overwhelmed and stuck, you just need some help to navigate it.
WHEN YOU FOLLOW YOUR PASSION YOU WILL NATURALLY ENRICH THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE